Tuesday, April 11, 2017

We're Moving!


Hello, dear readers! I'm back with some exciting news today. We have a new house! We are still in the process of selling our current one, but with a bit of help from our family, we were able to secure a lovely new home which curiously enough is about four streets away from the house that I grew up in when we moved to WA in 1990. Once upon a time, the new home stands where once a thick forest of evergreen trees lived. Sadly, shortly after I moved out of my parents home, the forest was cut down and then the economy plummeted with the land sitting vacant for over a decade waiting for a new buyer/developer. The same year that I got married, the houses were finally starting to be built and we actually toured one of the model homes. We loved the neighborhood and we've come full circle.

Western Washington is growing by leaps and bounds with lots of out of state license plates on our freeways and in our neighborhoods. The Seattle suburb where I live is centrally located near several main freeways and in between two major cities. It seems that everybody (and their brother) wants to live here with our natural beauty and strong economy. The housing market has gotten very competitive and there isn't a lot of inventory available with homes selling within a matter of 24 hours. Great for us when we finally list ours but not so great when it comes to planning/buying. Every time I found something that would fit our family, it would quickly disappear. I was starting to fear that we would sell our house right out from under us without a place to go. However, my in-laws stepped in and made sure we have a place to call our own for which I am forever grateful. I truly do have the most amazing in-laws and I am so fortunate to have them in my life. Anyway, we have some linoleum in the bathroom to tack down, the pantry door to fix, a few more areas to de-clutter and then we are ready to put our house on the market. We have our final walk-through with our real estate agent next week and then it will be listed! Finally.

I am ready to turn the page on the past few years and start writing a new story. It's our five year anniversary this year and I feel as if we've lived under a cloud of what once was and near financial ruin, neither of which was my doing. This new home is all ours and it offers us a desperately needed fresh start with all new possibilities.

I've included a few photos from the listing, it's truly lovely and I can't wait to make it our own. I ADORE the entrance to the master bedroom with it's lovely archway. The orange wall and accent wall will definitely need to go as I'm more of a neutral loving girl at heart. I'm excited to fill it up with love and happiness.














That's it for now in our little corner of the world, but I will be back soon to share the sweetest drum table makeover and some plans I have for that amazing kitchen.

Until next time, Frederica

1 comment:

Petunia said...

So excited for you!!!!!! Can't wait to see how you fix it up and make it your very own! Congratulations.